IPAF - PDI Training
Learn to correctly perform in-service inspections of mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs) to ensure safety and to meet legal requirements.
Lifting equipment, including MEWPs, must be inspected six-monthly/annually* by a competentperson to ensure health and safety conditions are maintained, and that deterioration can be detected and remedied in good time.
Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDl's) and in-service inspections are a vital part of a service plane together with six-monthly/annual* inspections as stipulated above to ensure that MEWPs remain safe to use.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Rental company staff
- Service technicians/mechanics
- Depot-based personnel
- Relevant legislation and legal requirements for a PDI
- Common MEWP faults
- When to pass or fail a MEWP under inspection
- How to conduct a PDI for specific categories of MEWPs
- Group exercises and hands on practice
- Theory and practical test