IPAF - Harness Inspection - (HI)
According to IPAF data, falls from the platform is one of the major causes of injury or fatality associated with using MEWPs. Awareness and understanding of how to correctly use a harness is critical to safe operation of boom-type MEWPs.
IPAF offers three harness courses to meet the needs of different candidates;
Harness Awareness Course (HA)
Harness User Course (HU)
Harness Inspector Course (HI)
HARNESS INSPECTION: You will learn...
- Select harnesses and lanyards for use in MEWPs
- Manage and supervise use of harnesses and lanyards for use in MEWPs
- Create safe systems of work for harness and lanyard use in MEWPs
- Use harnesses and lanyards in MEWPs
- Conduct pre-use checks of harnesses and lanyards for use in MEWPs
Conduct statutory inspections of harnesses and lanyards for use in MEWPs
DURATION: FULL DAY
* The Harness User (HU) Course can be taken as part of the IPAF MEWP Operator Course as long as candidates have previously.
* You will have to have completed the HA & HU courses first to take this course.